Saratoga Irish

Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm Baaaaaccccckkkk. Well the move is over and I am finally back on line. It only took Time Warner two weeks to get me cable and the Internet again. So what have you all missed? The Curran clan went to Westbrook CT. for my nephew Tim's wedding on the 23rd of June. It was great to have all the kids with me for the weekend. We stayed in the Days Inn in Saybrook, it was not their flagship Inn. I have been in better hotels with crack whores ( that is only a literary description, I have not ever been in a hotel with a crack whore. I can't be sure if she was on crack or not. Most crack whores don't use hotels anyway, or so I'm told. Has this entry hit rock bottom yet?) We stayed in my room watching the Yankee game and drinking beers, around 1:30 am the desk clerk stopped to tell us we were making too much noise running around. Apparently someone complained and the clerk went to the wrong room or to all the rooms were the guest were still awake. I overheard the woman telling the desk clerk the next morning and she went on to say that after they complained the upstairs guest started to stomp their feet. That I assure you it was not us. I heard her say that her room was number 115 and when I looked at the map of rooms I saw that the room over 115 was really 211 and not 215 (our room). I was planning on getting drunk at the wedding so we asked for a couple of cabs, the only problem is that Saybrook only has one cab and the 20 minute wait stretched out to 45 before we threw in the towel and all piled into my car for the mile and a half ride. The wedding and reception were held at The Water's Edge Resort and Spa, very swanky. The ceremony was on the lawn at the edge of the beach. In case you are planning a outdoor seaside wedding remember this. Irish people burn in the sun. The ceremony started 25 minutes late and then proceeded at a snails pace till we were all a rosy color. Not that it wasn't a very nice ceremony but for me the highlights were the woman in the red bikini (nine months pregnant) and catching a pop fly that was heading straight towards my mother's head. Eight years of little league baseball and it was the first fly ball that I caught. The rest of the day was the usual wedding stuff, drinking, dancing, food and fun. I'm not trying to downplay the whole thing but I do have other news. So hear are the photos of the big event. http://picasaweb.google.com/saratogairish/AlisonTimSWedding

Since it has been so long since I updated, again thank you Time Warner, there are other things happening in the Curran family. Mike has been cast in Studio Arts Entertainment's production of Torch Song Trilogy. The performances are, August 3rd, 10th, 16th, 18th.
All performances are at 7:30pm at the Dee Sarno Theater (Saratoga Arts Center 320 Broadway Saratoga Springs). For more information check out their website at www.studioartsentertainment.com/

The other news in the family is that Sean asked Sara to marry him and unbelievably she said yes. The whole Curran family is very happy and excited about this. A September 2008 event is planned. We are looking forward to invading South Jersey and show them just how an Irish family celebrates. For it has long been told that the only difference between an Irish Funereal and an Irish wedding is one less drunk. I posted a bunch of photos of the happy couple and I know you will enjoy them. Sara and Sean were fixed up when he was a freshmen at Colgate and Sara was a sophomore at Hamilton College. Little did she know on that fate full night that she would become a fixture at all the shenanigans at Colgate over the next few years. She was able to survive with only a broken finger and the devotion of the entire cross country team. Sara will be a perfect fit into the Curran clan. Enjoy the photos. http://picasaweb.google.com/saratogairish/SeanSara

4 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Jake said...

No comments on the Lets-Krong / Curranstat merger? Technically, I'm family now as well. And vice versa.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I've always considered you a son. I'll all for the merger, maybe now he will update more often. Thanks for the shout out in the daily news section. Tomorrow I'm heading out to Orinsky Falls to scope out reception halls.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where's the blog about the gorgeous woman you met last night?

She's gonna be at the Luau...

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve!

Nice updates! Congrats to Sean and Sara.

*kisses* from Baltimore...
Leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home