Saratoga Irish

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The chieftain has spoken and now I am the new Chairman of the Social Hour. Well to be truthful he never gave me a title he just asked me to head it up and I came up with the moniker. So let's talk about Social Hour. The Irish are a very social people. the pub has always been an intractile part of the Irish culture. The gathering of friends is always been our strong point. The Saratoga Hibernians under the leadership of Tom Smith started a monthly Happy Hour. Let's face it at a meeting only so much inter action between members is possible so a happy hour was needed to bring together this new band of Irishmen. The groundwork for many friendships were set at O'Dwyers on those Friday afternoons but as all things do the Happy Hour vanished. I decided to change the name to Social Hour so that those members that don't drink, will also come to share in the merriment. Also, and this is a very important point, bring your wife, girlfriend ( of course not the same night or if you guys are into that I guess it's alright ) significant other or just some friends that aren't Hibernians. Now I like to have a drink with Brian and Dick but I surely like to have a drink and conversation with Shelly Murphy and Eileen Nelson much more. Besides if you bring your wife and she meets me, you will look sooo much better in her eyes after that.
So starting this Friday, May 11, 2007, the Saratoga AOH will be gathering at Peabody's Sports Bar and Grille from 5pm till ( I'm not telling anyone when to go home). We will meet again on Friday May 25 to start off your Memorial Day weekend. In the past the happy hour was only once a month, I want to push it to every other Friday in case you can't make it. If for some reason you forget about it you won't have to wait a whole month for the next one. I am not locked into Peabody's it's just that they have a patio in the back, good inexpensive food ( see the menu here http://www.peabodysonline.com/ ) If anyone has a suggestion for June just let me know. The Quinn's are bringing in so many members from Johnstown that I am sure we will have to carpool out to Johnstown some Friday for Social Hour, ( there's your assignment Kevin, find a place for us to go). Remember you don't have to drink to have fun, Peabody's has a fine selection of soft drinks to keep anyone happy. So come out, spin a yearn, (that was for you Rob), get to know your brothers better.
For photos of past Social Hours http://picasaweb.google.com/saratogairish/HappyHoursAOH

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Campaign To Save Tara said...

please help protect Tara of the Kings from the current route of the M3! to learn more

www.campaigntosavetara.blogspot.com

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home