Saratoga Irish

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ellicott City Weekend part 1
Is the computer blurry or is it me? I can still feel the effects of this past weekend. I made my first trip to Ellicott City MD to visit Sean and Sara. When he told me they were moving to Ellicott City I told him he had family there. My cousin Ann and her husband Larry and their three sons plus my cousin Brian and his family also. My cousin Eileen has been living part time in Baltimore and a few others are spread around the area. Eileen told me that when I came to town she would gather the troops. We set the date and the weekend was on.
I flew out of Albany, Friday night. I think it was the last flight out of town because the airport was almost deserted. I was told that my flight was delayed about thirty minutes so I headed somewhere I could see the game. The airport bar was quiet but the game was on. There were three of us at the bar watching and talking baseball over a couple of tall beers. When the bartender asked if I would like another the only thought in my mind was of the TV show Airline, they always have drunks trying to get on the plane and they never let them on. The show always features Southwest and I was flying Southwest. "No, I'm alright" I told the bartender."Hey. you're not flying the plane." I make it a rule to always listen to the other people at the bar. "Allright, give me another one." The bar closed about a half hour before the flight and I made my way to the gate. When we boarded, I did my best to look and act sober. My bar buddy was sitting in the front row alone so I joined him. After we took off it was time for the drinks. I guess because the flight was delayed they didn't charge us for the beers. So I had two. Now this is a 50 minute flight and tonight the pilot was in a hurry, we were there in 45. As everyone else ( all forty passengers) headed to the baggage claim I headed for the men's room. After a quick pit stop I went for my bag. I met up with Sara and Sean grabbed my bag and we were off. It is about a twenty minute ride to Ellicott City and their apartment is very nice. We dropped my bag off and walked down to Kelsey's Pub. Kelsey's is a true authentic Irish pub (sarcasm). The only Irish music I heard was when Van Morrison came on. It did have Irish beer so we had a round of Smithwicks and shots of Jameson. Do you know that the bars in Maryland close at 2am? Dumb rule. So we made our way back to Sean's and were ready for the rest of the weekends happenings.
I think that this post will be done in two or three parts due to time restraints, I'm writing before work. I will post the photos of the whole weekend, you can look at them now or wait till the end it is up to you. Next: Eileen's Party and The Baseball game.
http://picasaweb.google.com/saratogairish/Baltimore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home