Saratoga Irish

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ok, my public has spoken. In case you haven't checked the comment section, I found this one today. Anonymous said...
Why don't you and your lazy ass update the blog?We're waiting.........

So here you go, me and my lazy ass are updating. Why would someone be so coarse as to bring up the fact that I have a lazy ass? Would they have said, Why don't you and your lazy eye update the blog? I don't think so. It would not have been so hurtful Had they said "Get up off your fat ass....." but to pick on a medical condition as serious as lazy ass is beyond me.



Worse day ever. yesterday I left work early to attend the Track and Field picnic for Mike and Jack. I got home in time to pick up my camera and head over to the state park. Low and behold there was no power on in my house. I took a look at the meter and saw that National Grid had cut off my power. As a lot of you know I am moving next week and I had turned over some things to a Realtor. One being to make all the payments concerning the house starting in May while the Realtor has repairs done to the property so that it will come up to market value. A couple of phone calls, a few letters, one nasty note taped to the front door and a process server last week made it clear to me that my Realtor had let me down. I don't know for sure, he won't return my calls. So in the process of straighting everything out I forgot the electric bill. Ta da, no power. I called National Grid, they sent me to Price Chopper to receive a fax and return the fax to them. As all this was going on my car started to act up. I finally was told by National Grid that a reconnect order was sent out at 5:26 pm and that it may take up to 24 hours for this to happen. So last night Jack, Mike and I listened to the Yankee game on the radio by candle light.
(The Yankees win, Thhhhheeeeee Yankees win)
This morning I called into work, emergency annual leave, started out for the garage when the car seemed to be fine. No noise, no hesitation, no burning smell. So I went home. Mike had to be at work at ten so I drove him over, no problem. I went to Hanaford to pick up a few things and when I tried to leave, problem. So half an hour later the tow truck dropped me off at the house, still no national grid (17 hours). I did a little packing for the move, threw out a few things that for some reason we had to save, and waited. Jack got home from school at three, still no National Grid (21 1/2 hours). Finally, at 3:45 with just over ninety minutes to spare, National Grid showed up and turned on the power. Everyone happy right? The cable is out. I call Time Warner on my cell phone, I love when they ask if you are calling from your home phone? NO. I have your phone service and when the cable goes out so does my phone. Some how a disconnect order had been placed on my account (?) Wait, there's more. Apparently an order to cancel was on for yesterday, removed and put back on for today. The teck on the phone can't seem to fix the problem and sets up a service call. this service call can be anywhere between now (about 4:45) and nine tonight, are you going to be home till then? I couldn't bear to tell him the story of the car, I just answered Yes. Somehow about 29 minutes later the cable came back, road runner came back, the phone came back, so I called and cancelled the service call. Now I just have to find out about the car.





































Sorry guys but these were too good to let go with just one update.

FRIDAY is Social Hour at The City Tavern after 5pm up on the roof. Hope to see everyone there.http://www.saratogacitytavern.com/


Jade, if you are reading this, e-mail me.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Please feel free to leave any comment you wish. If you choose to leave a derogatory comment have the balls to leave your name not just anonymous. If you leave a derogatory comment from anonymous it will be deleted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home