Saratoga Irish

Friday, June 03, 2011

Road Trip Music




I'm taking a road trip tomorrow. Three hours each way, music is a must. With out having satellite radio you can not go on a long drive with out getting your music in order first.. I turned to the internet for help. It seems everyone from NPR to some slob with a blog (thank you) has an opinion about road songs. I think I have come up with a fine selection. The songs are in no order, just the picks that I made.

1.) Rascal Flatts, Life Is A Highway
kind of gets you in the mood for your long drive.

2.) Fiona Apple, Across the Universe
you can't go wrong with a Beatle's tune. As I was listening to this on youtube, they gave me a related video of Rufus Wainright doing the same song, either one works.

3.) Doobie Brothers, Rockin' Down the Highway
Old school style

4.) Lustra, Scotty Doesn't Know
From the soundtrack of the movie EuroTrip, this song is great anytime.

5.) Janis Joplin, Me and Bobby McGee
nothing needs to be said

6.) Roy Orbison, Pretty Woman
Why not feel free to insert Only the Lonely they both work

7.)Van Morrison, Brown Eyed Girl
because it's Van

8.) The Band, The Weight
Do I really need to explain some of these?

9.) Jackson Browne, The Load Out
Actually, the entire Running on Empty album works

10.) Marshall Tucker Band, 24 Hours at a Time
Getting a little Southern rockish here so we will wait for the Allman Brothers and go back to some rock and roll

11.) Train, Hey Soul Sister
Because I like it

12.) The Fratellis, Chelsea Dagger
Because it's a dam good song (pardon the pun)

13.)Shania Twain, Man I feel Like a Woman
One because she's hot and two I liked the commercial when the guy in the back seat sings this and at this point you need a laugh

14.) Bruce Springsteen, Thunder Road
It's a fast car, it's freedom, it's the highway

15.) Santana, Smooth
Carlos and Rob Thomas, it works

16.) The Blues Brothers, Sweet Home Chicago
Make it a mission from God

17.) Allman Brothers, Midnight Rider
because the road goes on forever

18.) Cream, Sunshine of Your Love
Because I'm a child of the 60's

19.) The Greatful Dead, Truckin'

20.) Bruce Springsteen, Born to Run
So there are a million reasons for this song but to put it simply, it's Born to Run

Well now that's a twenty song cd that you won't mind playing over and over on your trip. Happy motoring.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home