Saratoga Irish

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Brunch with the Family




We gathered together for Easter, on Sunday afternoon, at my sisters home. We span four generations. Although everyone could not make it, there was enough for the warm glow of family. Unlike Christmas when the gift giving sometimes becomes a little overbearing, Easter was just a day of relaxation. We watched as my sisters two grand daughters found their baskets while the rest of us could nibble candy from candy dishes,( the price of being a grown up ). The conversations around the room were warm and loving with a bit of python thrown in for good measure. I know it doesn't sound like much but it was nice.
So how was your Easter? Let's settle some things about Easter candy. Peeps. I saw on the news the other night at a home made candy shop, peeps being dipped in chocolate. Now dipping anything in chocolate makes it better but do peeps really need it? Peeps are so good that they even taste better when they get a little stale. Jelly beans, what makes the best jelly beans, spice, fruit, black jelly beans (did you know that you can buy whole bags of just black jelly beans. I don't think many people buy them because you always see them at 75% off three weeks after Easter). I don't like Jelly Belly jelly beans, I think because you eat them one at a time or put certain ones together to come up with a different flavor (way too much work, it's candy for God's sake). I like Russel Stovers jelly beans but pretty much any will do. Now, the chocolate bunny. Solid or hollow is it true Easter etiquette to eat the ears first? So enjoy your baskets folks and I hope you all had as good a day as I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home