Saratoga Irish

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Maureen

Happy Birthday Maureen!!!
Today is my sister Maureen's birthday. I won't say how old but last year we had a giant 50th Birthday Bash. This is a photo of Maureen dancing with our mother at the party. Maureen has had a great influence on our family growing up. We went through all the changes in special education over the 60's and 70's. From being taxied to a special class in Revena to finishing from the same high school as John and I (GCHS 3- Holy Names 2, we win). John learned to be tolerant of others as I was inclined to hit first, John would explain to the person and then hit them. Maureen has also been great for her nieces and nephews and now even grand nieces. I'm not going to say growing up with Maureen was easy, we saw way, way too many episodes of the Walton's and she does know when every airing of pro wrestling is on, but I would not have changed it for a million dollars.
So, the reason for today's posting is not just to say happy birthday to Maureen because I forgot to mail her a card (true) but Maureen knows everyone's birthday in the family. I have trouble with my four kids and Sara (I'm getting better thanks to facebook) but because Maureen is the best sister a guy could ask for.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maureen!

-Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home