Saratoga Irish

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Living in the stone age

OK, so it's not the stone age exactly but I have been without cable and Internet for a week now. I am in the process of changing to just Internet service. I am opting out of cable due to the cost somewhat but more because working nights I miss prime time TV. I love TV, I am the television generation. I like dramas, sit coms almost everything they put out. I am turning my TV over to the net. I can see most of the shows that I want on sites like HULU and the network sites themselves. It just seems to be the thing to do for the future. I will get an antenna for my local stations and ta-da, I'm all set.
Living without cable for a week has been OK, I just pop in a dvd and get my fix but life without the net is tragic. The only access is my smart phone which is very limited. I can check up facebook and read this blog but writing the blog is out of the question and any web site that has photos and videos just shuts down the phone. I know that some people live with out the magic of www but they seem to be the same people that don't have a cell phone and don't seem to see the need for one. The other type of people without Internet are the paranoid group. "If I go on the web everyone will get my information". Like some hacker has been waiting just for you to finally join the 21st century. I give a pass to the older generation, my mother thinks she can't call me because she has a land line phone and I only have a cell. I told her it was a phone not a walkie- talkie but she doesn't get it. I use my phone as a watch, I text all the time. The one thing I do the least on my phone is talk.

So please excuse me if the post are a little scarce for the next week or so I am trying to get things back on track as soon as possible. [today's post is courtesy of the public library I need to type quick I'm running out of time]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home