Saratoga Irish

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Songs about dating


All right, looking for help here. Friday night I spent time with two lovely unattached women. The discussion turned towards dating. Well it started out as a sharing of ideas about dating but soon turned into a swapping of information. What do women think of you when you approach them? That's right fellas, I was getting info only meant for women. Here's what I found out. Women are just as shallow as men. There it is I said it. Women are shallow. Men are shallow. I am shallow. Now I'm not going to say that women won't date unattractive men, I mean, I've had dates so I know that they do. What I'm saying is that women, just like men, make up their minds in about three seconds as to if you are worthy or not. So if you don't look like Brad Pitt you had better have a very good line, and make it short, remember you have three seconds.
I told them, yes guys I let them in on a few of our secrets too, When I was younger I would make it a point to hit on a girl who was between me and the men's room, because if she blew me off (most of the time) I could just keep on walking to the bathroom like nothing had happened. When I returned to my friends and they started to bust on me for being shot down, I would say"what? Her? nawww. I just said excuse me as I went past." Everyone knows it's a lie but it works.
"Oh yes, the friends" one of the women said in that tone of disgust. Now I know that I am speaking in generalizations here but guys will not hang around if another guy is doing well with a woman. The only reason for a wing man is to get in between the girl your talking to and her friend, who always thinks you are not good enough. Why must dating be so hard.
As for the being shallow part. People, for the most part get over that real quick. Good looks can only get you so far. It takes more then a pretty face and six pack abs. Liz Taylor, married eight times, Tony Curtis and Clark Gable both movie stars, married five times (not to each other), Brad and Jennifer became Bard and Angelina. Think back to that guy or girl in high school who everyone thought was so hot. Go to your next reunion and have your self a good laugh. Hair falls out, gravity takes over, we are what we are. So all you single people out there, good luck in your search.

About the title of this blog

Those of you that read this blog know I always try to add music to the beginning of the post. Something that relates to the topic. I'm sure most of you could have done better but I could not find a song about dating. Sure, lots of songs about being in a relationship or getting out of a relationship. Lost love, true love, puppy love, looking for love in all the wrong places. I thought that one would work but as I watched the video the guy already had found the girl. It's almost a confession of past dating not finding new dates. Lot's of sad songs of what could have been, silly love songs of what life will be now that you're together. This is one reason I need to have a girlfriend, because I have so many songs for when she dumps me. They range in anger from Ben Folds, Song for the Dumped to Ray Charles, You Don't Know Me (although I prefer the Van Morrison version). I want to end this post on an upbeat note, so here's the song that every man should sing or play to every women he falls in love with.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home