Saratoga Irish

Sunday, October 07, 2007



So where do I start. It has been so long since I posted that many things have come and gone. Irish 2000, as good as ever. This year they went to a two night festival. Friday night the headline band was Flogging Molly. They are one of my favorite bands and I couldn't wait for the show. How could I miss the concert? Happy 25th anniversary, Cindy and Jay. You can hear a band anytime, well maybe not anytime but if all else fails there are always cd's, but you can't miss someones party. I have heard from several source that the concert was great. Mike and Jack joined me for the Saturday afternoon and early Sunday morning of Irish 2000. this was the first time for both boys and they had a super time. We were up front for Seven Nations, Hair of the Dog and The Young Dubliners. In between we met up with more then a few of the Saratoga Hibernians and many many cousins. We ended the night at the Hibernian Center in Albany, a great way for the boys to end their first festival.


The next Friday night Mike and I joined the two Bergman brothers for a Dropkick Murphy concert. This kind of made up for missing Flogging Molly. After the three warm up bands, Mike and I made our way to the front of the crowd for the Murphys. Great concert and our hearing returned sometime the next afternoon. Speaking of the next afternoon, the 6th annual Mary Leach Classic golf tournament was held. It's amazing that it's been over six years since Mary passed away. I can still remember the last time I saw her and it only seems like yesterday. John joined a trio of Hibernians to play golf. Mike, Jack and I went to the party after. Just a typical family party, food, drink, stories, songs and dancing.




The most exciting thing over the past few weeks is that I am a great uncle. Now that's not boasting, I've always been a good uncle, or at least I thought so. I guess you would have to ask my nieces and nephews for sure but on Oct.2 I became a great uncle. John and Julie became proud parents of Isabel Marie. Yeah Julie did all the work but John does get some of the credit. My first grand niece, and here she is.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home