Saratoga Irish

Thursday, September 13, 2007

This weekend is the 11th annual Irish 2000 Music and Arts Festival. You have read past stories in this blog about the goings on at Irish 2000. This year will be no different. This year the festival has expanded to two days, well technically a day and a half, due to a prior commitment I can only go on Saturday. Friday's line up is headlined by Flogging Molly, one of my favorite bands and it's killing me that I have to miss them but what can I do. Saturday features bands such as Gaelic Storm, Seven Nations, The Tossers, Enter the Haggis, Greenwich Meantime and local favorites, Hair of the Dog and Kevin McKrell. Saturday also features the band Give Way, I don't know much about them but in their photo they seem to be four hot women. Which brings us to the main point of Irish 2000, the women. Irish 2000 is crawling with the finest looking women you will see in the capital region. It's as if they bus them in just for the festival. Me and the boys will be seeking some female companionship all day Saturday so come along and join in on the fun. In particular, I am looking for Bill. We had a great time last year and I hope she returns to Altamont Saturday for another great day. So if any of you see this woman please let me know right away.
I asked my boss if there was a chance of getting out early on Saturday and her answer was "when hell freezes over" then she thought about what was going on and asked, "You want to go to that thing [Irish 2000] don't you?". I'm getting out early. So, if even my boss knows how important this festival is there is no reason any of you will miss it. See you there and let's have a pint or two.
For the complete schedule of entertainment go to http://www.irish2000fest.com/welcome.asp?mnuENT=1

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wish I had seen you there. You sure kept me in stitches at the convention. And you even promised me that call...

Still waiting for the phone to ring. Gonna turn blue any second now.

A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home