Saratoga Irish

Sunday, September 17, 2006


Bill you broke my heart. Wow, I never thought I would utter that sentence. Irish 2000 was great. Music, food, people and the weather, all outstanding. I met up with Chris Bergman at his house and he drove to Altamont. We met up with these two fine ladies, Jill and Bill, ( not their real names but the ones that they use at fairs and the like) As you can tell Bill, on the left in the photo, is everything I look for in a woman. Yeah, she's breathing and a bit drunk. Remember, the more she drinks the better I look. Jill, the responsible one, had to leave to go to work so she left Bill in our care, ( real responsible Jill). Everything was going great, I was witty, charming, debonair, and I bought her more beer, (see above), but then it happened, she left me for some other guy. I was a broken man, I couldn't go on. I was destitute. Thank God there is a beer tent every 50 yards or so. So I say good bye Bill, what we had was beautifull and I will remember you fondly, adieu.







It can't end like this, Bill, call me, you have my number, it's on the card. ( I don't sound too despite do I?)

Back to the Festival. A good number of members from the John Barry Division were in attendance, I'm sure I will miss a few names but I did see, Don McCune, a rare sighting indeed, Don Hughes, Ed and Yvonne Connelly, Bernie McCue and his lovely wife Karen, The Murphy clan, Brian, Shelly and the girls, Paul O'Donnell was selling his wares, Cream of Brockley with a very fine side dish, John Cromie, thanks for the refill of the flask, Joe and Kathy Hogan. Last but far from least; what would a festival be with out him; holding court at the coach; Richard Nelson. At his side and always in charge, Eileen, ( sorry about the shoes).

I would be derelict in my duty if I didn't mention the music. They had music. Ok, I'll give you more, Seven Nations sounded good, Black 47, I was a bit disappointed in, they broke out the old songs to start the show, seen them better, Glengarry Bhoys always a good show, That's all I paid attention to, the rest of the time I was drinking and mingling ( that's Gaelic for looking for women).

On that note I must say, I don't mean to disrespect any of the other volunteers, but Carra Quinn was head and shoulders above the rest. The best bartender at the festival. The prettiest eyes and red hair. A smile like an angel, and she would bring me beer ( if I gave her a ticket, I'm not special I guess, even though I gave her some of the flask). Here take a look for your self

more photos from the Festival

nice girl, nice ink. Speaking of ink, a lot of great Celtic tattoos to be seen in attendance. With all this white skin a perfect place for body art.

since I lost weight and can't wear it anymore they put my old Irish sweater on display

Seven Nations

and just a reminder, Golf outing next Sunday, today is the last day to get a hold of Dave or Paul Maguire about playing. And now that it's 5 am I think I will hit the hay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home