Saratoga Irish

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

John Sweeney is opposed to amnesty in any form and believe secure borders are critical to support the rule of law and if needed we can refine the rule of law so that we can finally reestablish and all agree upon what the sanctity of citizenship means.
I got this off the Sweeney for Congress webpage. Am I a little slow or can some one explain this to me. Secure borders are critical to support the rule of law, so far I got it, and if needed we can refine the rule of law. That's the part that gets me, who or what is the we that can change the rules when ever we feel it is necessary? Not the executive branch they seem to disregard all the rules of law that exist. Since I have the unmitigated gaul to say that I guess I must be a terror supporter. Sweeney is all for secure borders but against a second check point on the northway, I guess if you can't stop them at the border then what's the use of trying again a few miles south. As you can tell I am not a supporter of Congressman Sweeney. I got his mailing the other day with the picture of someone running through a hole in a chain link fence and a bold yellow headline. They enter our country illegally...
The photo looks to be set in the south west, I guess he means that Mexicans are running through the fence into our country. What Congressman Sweeney forgets is that the immigration reforms in the House and Senate are for all immigrants, including the 50,000 undocumented Irish living and working in this country. Looking back at Congressman Sweeney's response to the Malachy McAllister deportation ( he did not sign on to the letter proposed by Congressmen Rothman and King) he won't lose a wink of sleep if all the Irish are deported along with the Mexicans. This is one Irishman who will not this year or any other year, vote for John Sweeney.
Update on the sports challenge. Chris Bergman has submitted his all time Yankee and Red Sox rosters. Here's how Chris sees it.
Yankees
rhp Mel Stottlemyre
Lhp Ron Guidry
Closer Mariano Rivera
1B Lou Gehrig
2B Joe Gordon
3B Graig Nettles
SS Derek Jeter
C Yogi Berra
RF Roger Maris
CF Joe Dimaggio
LF Mickey Mantle

Red Sox
rhp Roger Clemens
Lhp Babe Ruth
closer Bob Stanley
1B Mo Vaughn
2B Bobby Doerr
3B Wade Boggs
SS Nomar Garciaparra
C Carlton Fisk
RF Dwight Evans
CF Fred Lynn
LF Ted Williams

Sorry Chris I have to disqualify Mantle as your Left fielder, I don't recall him ever playing that position. Also on my roster I was taken to task for putting Dave Winfield in Left but that's where he was when he waved to me in the stadium, so he did play some left field but I will cross him off if that's what everyone thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home