Saratoga Irish

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Work, work, work. The first week back from vacation and I made it, without asking for any time off and working two hours of over time on Wednesday. At least when you return from time away from work of any kind you have stories to tell. That got me to about 10am on the first day, after that it was the same old same old. Only 8 years, 11 months, 3 weeks to go till retirement. (but who's counting.)
Giants camp opened at U Albany, I still don't get it. Are people that bored that they want to go and sit and watch practice? I hated practice when I was playing, why would I want to go and watch someone else do it. Spring training baseball is a bit different. Not that it means anymore but at least as you sit home on a cold, late February or early March day, you get to see what summer will bring. Even spring training games get people nuts, I work with a woman who is a Yankee fanatic, was almost in tears when the lost the first game in Florida in February. I just don't get it.
Samantha went back to the stadium last night with her friend Erin, cap night. The first 18,000 fans 21 and over get a free Yankee cap. Seeing that she is 19 and got a free t-shirt ( all fans 14 and under) last week, I wanted to see how this would work. Not only did she get one ( Erin had to plead for one), she found another one on the way out. Last week in the nose bleed seats this week in the bleachers, I have to get her some good seats, anyone not using a pair?
Traded e-mails with our chieftain, Division meeting this Thursday and he is working on an agenda. I will post more information when I get it. Pass on the news to those you know to be members in good standing. I always wondered about that, am I supposed to check someone's dues card before I tell them anything?
" Hey, did you hear what happened to Murphy? First let me see your card. HMMM, a bit behind on your dues, guess I can't tell you."
If we stuck to that rule and the one about not saying anything bad about a fellow member we might as well pack up our tents and go.
Talk to you all soon and see you at the meeting Thursday.







Who wants to carry the flag at the next parade?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home