Saratoga Irish

Saturday, August 26, 2006




Ok in an other attempt to make this blog a sounding board for more voices than my own. I read a column by Earle Hitchner in this weeks Irish Echo about authentic Irish music. Mr Hitchner makes some nice points but I was wondering what type of Irish music do you like.
My taste are all over the place. A big U2 fan for a long time, back to the days of J.B.Scott's in Albany( Bono wears a t-shirt from the Albany club in the Gloria video). I tend not to think of this as Irish music. On my ipod you can hear The Wolfe Tones, Altan, Christy Moore, The Dropkick Murphy's, Flogging Molly and the live album of Seven Nations from the Palace in Albany. So how about you, the readers, telling everyone what are your three favorite Irish songs and your three favorite bands/singers.
Here are mine.
songs:
Fields of Athenry
Fairy tale of New York
Nancy Spain


Christy Moore

Mary Black.

I guess my third choice, Flogging Molly.

My favorite all time album of Irish music is with out a doubt, Irish Heartbeat by Van Morrison and the Chieftains.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok.... let's pick my brain for some irish musicians..... hmmmmmm
other then the usually like U2, i do like Floggin mollys and one not many people heard of, Off Kilter... maybe i'll have to bring some in, nice blend of bag pipes and guitar a little bit of rock-n-roll....

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll concede that the Red Sox season is over but there's hope on the horizon... The yankmees will put all of their eggs in a-rod's basket and well... you know the results at crunch time. Irish 2000 was great and Clan Murphy had an outstanding time. Subtle line in the Irish 2000 program was see you for two days next year. They were talking about that it's carved in stone about a two day festival on Friday and saturday next year. See all at the golf on Sunday. (Supposed to rain again!)
Murph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home