Saratoga Irish

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

There's an app for that



So I have a new phone and I have moved up to a phone with apps. Now I feel I have a duty to fill this phone with apps. Looking at what I have chosen I see that some are useful and some are fun and some, well lets just put it this way, are completely unnecessary. I have a kindle app, love it. I have read about ten books on it already. The imdb app, can't live without it, (if you are a movie or TV buff you must have this app or the website http://www.imdb.com/ at the ready), A couple of youtube apps, the regular one, one that allows you to download the video or just the audio from youtube, and one that finds videos with lyrics so you can use it as a karaoke machine. I have game apps, bowling, solitaire, spider solitaire, word (came on the phone and I never use it). I down loaded shazam, it's an app that listens to music and tells you the song and artist. Then I have the stupid apps, one that makes noises, bongo drums, a drum pad, piano keys, a candle (in case the flashlight app fails), a music app that tells you the top songs in countries all over the world (Number 1 song in Spain this week, Yo Te Esperare by Cali & El Dandee). There are also many, many apps that even I find to useless for my time, angry birds is the first one that comes to mind. I just read about an app called, The Ugly Meter Pro for iPhone and iPads. So you take a photo of yourself and this app gives you a score that tells you if you are ugly or not. Like I need a phone to tell me I'm ugly, I thought that was what women were for. Now this is how the app is marketed but in real life, I can see guys taking photos of women in bars and laughing at the results (I'm sure women would do it too but I will put them above such shallow behavior). So how many useless apps do you have on your phone? More importantly, what apps do you highly recommend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home