Saratoga Irish

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring, When a Young Man's Fancy Turns to Love Songs


So it is spring, and if you are a red blooded American male, or any male I assume, it is time to fall in love....again. I say again because it seems that this is a yearly occurrence, it can be the same woman year after year or it can be someone new each year but Spring is the season for love. I believe it comes from the parting of heavy winter clothing. Layers and layers of hats, gloves, scarves, coats, snowsuits etc.etc. Spring brings out new, light clothing, shorts and it leads to that sexy summer sun dress. What ever the reason, you'll need music. It's too hard to pin down the best of love songs, any list would surely miss someone's favorite so let's try it this way. There are three parts to any love affair, the sighting, the affair and the aftermath. Here's a few songs for each.

So you are walking down the street or at the mall or where ever and you see her/him, what song do you want for this cd of your life?
The Beatles, Something
Barry White, My First, My Last, My Everything
Al Green, Let's Stay Together
Marvin Gaye, Let's Get It On
John Denver, Annie's Song
Jim Croce, Time In A Bottle
Eric Clapton, Wonderful Tonight
Elton John, Your Song
John Mayer, Your Body Is A Wonderland
Goo Goo Dolls, Iris

There are ten, it's not a top ten list by any means just ten good love songs. Now if you really think she's the one for you, and by you I mean me. The list would need Van Morrison. Have I Told You Lately, Into The Mystic, Someone Like You, Crazy Love and when she leaves you, You Don't Know Me (in my humble romantic opinion, the greatest love song ever). I or you, would also add a little old school, Dean Martin, Return to Me, and Frank Sinatra, The Way You Look Tonight.

See, now here is the problem with a list of love songs, it just keeps growing.
Lou Rawls, Roberta Flack, Sonny and Cher, Dan Fogelberg, Bread, Seals and Croft,
Help me out here, everyone add three to the list and let's see how it turns out. Just add them in the comments section and we can start our own Time/Life series.
Springsteen, Jersey Girl aaaaahhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home