Saratoga Irish

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

She was beautiful
Beautiful to my eyes
From the moment I saw her
The sun filled the sky

She was so, so beautiful
Beautiful just to hold
In my dreams she was springtime
Winter was cold






I was out Sunday night with my new VP. We had a good day and were relaxing with a couple of drinks. I was on the club soda because I was driving. We had just left after spending some time with this type of Bambi.






When I ran into this type of Bambi.




I literally mean, ran into. Crossing RT9 in front of the old Weathervane restaurant were six or eight deer, walking across the road in a straight line. I couldn't swerve, there was no place to go. Now, had it been the first type of Bambi ,I would have driven into the snowbank or what ever needed to be done to stop. I hit this deer dead center, pardon the pun.


Now I'm waiting for the insurance company to declare my car dead as Bambi. I looked up the book value for the car, $850, I'm sue there is more damage than that. My mechanic is searching for parts from a junk yard. he asked if I minded if the replacements weren't white. It's a 1987 Buick, of course I don't mind if it's two different colors. It might even add a bit of class to it.


Coming soon, things to look forward to in 2009 with the Saratoga AOH

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Jake said...

wow... luckily you weren't hurt.
did you at least get a winter's worth of venison?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Funny you ask that Jake. A thought went through my mind about saving the meat but a couple of problems arose. One, I have never gutted a deer or any other animal, I don't even have a good knife to do it with. Two, where do I hang the carcuss to drain? I'm sure my apartment complex would not like me doing it from the tree overhanging the parking lot. Jack suggested the balcony. I drove by the next morning and the deer was gone.Someone else is eating high on the Bambi tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home