Saratoga Irish

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Life Is A Roller Coaster



It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Charles Dickens starts the classic novel, "A Tale of Two Cities" with that line. Written so many years ago it some how sums up 2011 for me. I had some very high highs but also some very low lows. As I write this I find myself working for a different company then the beginning of the year, living in a different place from last year. Some of the choices were mine, some were made by others. I am here to tell you that I am better than I have been in years. I have seen the hard times and survived. I did not do this alone, and maybe that is the point to it all. When things seemed the bleakest people stepped up and told me it was OK. There is a poem by Mary Stevenson about footprints in the sand.“You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?” The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.” Well there were times this past year that there were only one set of footprints and I was being carried by friends. Friends that did more than anyone should ever have to do, and without hesitation. I find myself humbled by they way people have helped me this past year and know that I will never be able to fully tell them how much they all mean to me. Thank you are the only words to use and they don't seem to be enough. So no more of this serious post, let's move on and upward to 2012 but remember this, no man is a failure who has friends. Not bad, a short post and I work in quotes from Dickens and Frank Capra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home