Saratoga Irish

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fifty. Half a century. The big five oh. Aaaagggghhh. I turned 50 yesterday and I am not handling it well. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's only a number. You are only as young as you feel. Fifty is today's thirty. All I know is that it's old. Think of everything that has happened in the past 50 years. In 1958 NASA was in it's infancy, (it was established on July 29, 1958 by an act of congress so I am 10 days older then NASA). Since that time, man has walked on the moon. In 1958 the Soviet Union was our enemy, today it doesn't exist. The Berlin Wall was yet to be built. People still had party line telephones. Cuba was not a Communist country yet. So how to you get out of a depressed mood like the one I'm in? Two words, New Orleans. On Wednesday I am heading to the big easy with Bergman, Nelson, Carney and Murph. These are the five guys the Division feels will best represent them at the national convention. Read those names again. These are the top five? At least Dawn Carney will be there to chaperon the group. Murph has been surfing the web and has spotted a few places for us to visit. Coyoteugly saloon is .3 miles from the hotel. He also found a few spots that serve $1 pbr's. This is going to be a fun week.
I will keep you all updated and where you can send the bail money.

Upcoming events: Sept. 13 is going to be a very busy day for the Division. We are committed to sending a group to march in the Johnstown parade. Contact Steve or Kevin Quinn if you can march. We are also holding the Donnybrook Open Golf Classic on the 13th. See the Division website for all the information. www.saratogaaoh.com
The foursomes are going fast so sign up as soon as possible. This came to me in an e-mail and it sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down by former Division President Millis.

But, on Sept. 13 -- which as you know, is my birthday and the birthday of a little-know historical figure named Barry -- is the golf tourney. I will gather the winning foursome forthwith. Prepare for defeat.
Far as I know, the cup is still mine to lose.


Well there it is men, sign up just to kick Millis' ass.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jake said...

Happy B-Day Steve!
Looking forward to rockin' out in a few weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home