Saratoga Irish

Monday, April 21, 2008




I've been called out. Taken to task. Called on the carpet. What ever you want to call it, it has been done. The gauntlet has been thrown.
So I haven't posted in a while. It's not like I went to Costa Rica and got robbed and had something to write about. I did contribute to another site, ( has Adam figured out the answer yet?). I guess that doesn't count. So here goes.


Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
I wanna sho oo oo oo ot the whole day down



See it's not just me, Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats sang about it over twenty years ago. They weren't the first either. The Mama's and The Papa's sang, Monday,Monday.The Carpenter's had Rainy Days and Mondays, even in the Fifty's, Fats Domino had a hit with Blue Monday. [ ed note. Jake, let's see you mention the Boomtown Rats, The Carpenters and Fats Domino all in one post and have it make sense] So why is Monday so bad? I mean Monday's Child is fair of face, so how did Monday get such a bad rap. Monday isn't even my first day of work. I have Sunday and Monday off and everything gets pushed to Monday. I will be spending the day doing chores, the groceries, the laundry (going to the Laundromat is a post in it's own), clean the apartment. All this and try to write a blog post that makes some kind of sense of it all. Don't even make the suggestion that I get a maid because that just makes me put off doing things and fantasizing about a french maid.........................................................................OK I'm back.......ok now. Ahhhhh the male mind. I once had a stripper (sorry, a dancer, in case it offends anyone) say to me, she would do more and better things if I bought a private dance with her. I told her she was too late, that she already did those things and more in my mind so I'll just keep my money thank you. See how easily I'm distracted. So anyway, it's Monday and I'm off to do chores.If only I can get the Bangles out of my head




Its just another manic monday
I wish it was sunday
cause thats my funday
My I dont have to runday
Its just another manic monday

11 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Your comment on Adam's article does count, since it was 100 times more thorough than typical comment postings. Its too bad he's refusing to put forth any more information on that mystery.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Sweet Man with the Beautiful eyes. You sound sooo sad.

You deserve much better! Too bad there's not some gorgeous woman out there pining for you and wanting to feel your touch.

Or is there?

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have nothing to write about too if I was a fan of the 2008 version of the Evil Empire. PHEW !!!!!!!!!

Once again in first! Took a while to get Japan out of our systems...

Yours truly,

Self-Appoimted King of Upstate NY Red Sox Nation

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...and I thought I was the only one who had it bad for this sexy blogger! guess i have some competition.

Bring it on, Girl! I'll fight you for him!

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe some chick is calling me out! You want to fight me for Stephen Curran? Okay...I'm there, Girlfriend.

He's worth a little bloodshed! I know I can take you especially if in the end, I get HIM.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Steve said...

girls, girls, girls (and I use that term lightly) don't fight. There is enough of me to go around.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, really, Steve?

This "Girl" would like to find that out for herself...

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back off Honey!!! I'm not interested in sharing this hunka hunka burnin' LOVE.

And Steve...stop trying to make this a threesome. I want you all to myself.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Steve...a threesome doesn't sound so bad as long as I get you first. You won't want HER when I'm done with you :-)

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my... the DRAMA here! hehehe

and I just wanted to say...
I Love the song "Manic Monday" from the Bangles!!!

hehehe

from your displaced NY friend in Maryland!

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on...drama makes the world go around. These girls are just having a little fun. Hope Steve is loviing it as much as the rest of us are.

Stevie, my Man, GO FOR IT! You've got the chance of a lifetime here. A threesome with a couple of psychos from the world wide web.

Life doesn't get any better than this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home