Saratoga Irish

Thursday, January 04, 2007



So why do you ask, am I so melancholy lately? It seems such an easy answer, I want to be happy. That's the whole shebang right there. How do you stay happy. What would make a person happy? Is it not enough to have a great family around you? Look at other people and see what they have to be happy for and realize that what you have is enough. Or is it? Everyone seems to want more, Springsteen wrote "Poor man wants to be rich, Rich man wants to be King" is it all that simple? Bottom line is I guess, I'm lonely. Ok everyone all together AAAHHHHH. Man was not created to be alone, but not every Adam has a higher being taking his rib and forming an Eve for him. That little bite from the apple has caused us all the job of finding a mate. So let's look at this little problem. Should a person lower his or her standards to find love? If you do at what point to you start to resent the other person? Let's look at this from thew mans point of view. What makes a woman attractive to a man? Ask ten guys and you are sure to get ten different answers. Big boobs, little boobs, nice butt, big butt, brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes, Blonde, brunette, redhead it goes on and on and on. What am I to teach my sons. remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Yeah that's a load of crap. Beauty is in the eye of a marketing person. what do you wear to make you look sexy? whatever they tell you at the fashion shows. Look through a woman's closet some time and see all the outfits that are now out of style. Look through a guys closet and see clothes that have stayed in style for years. Ok, some changes but pretty much the same. You can't wear the shorts from ten years ago because they come up to mid thigh but you are still wearing shorts. So just what are we as men looking for in a woman? I like when a woman crawls up onto your lap and buries her head into your chest like a small child would. I guess I like the feeling that I could protect her from anything, meanwhile she likes the feeling of safety that you give her. I want a woman that stands next to me as I tell the same story over and over and each time she smiles and looks me in the eyes with that look that says they all like you. I want a beautiful woman on my arm as I enter a room. I want to cross the room with an air of superiority over the other men in the room, yeah that's right she's with me. I want a woman that I can carry on a conversation with. I want a woman that I can share the good times as well as the bad times with. I want a woman that understands that she is the boss but lets me think I am. So where do I find this woman? Have I met her already and not known it. Did I screw up all ready? Do I spend my time hanging out in front of Victoria's Secret waiting for a woman to see me and swoon? How come in the movies a guy meets a girl and in the next 120 minutes they fall in love, fall out of love, reconsider and fall back in love. "I wish I could quit you" sorry wrong movie. Why can't life be more like the movies. Why can't we be paired up by some director and that's it. Think about it in all the history of film how many movies are about falling in love? Name be one other movie about divorce other than Kramer vs. Kramer. Even if the movie is about a breakup the guy always gets a hotter chick before the movie ends. Even if the woman dies in the movie, the love of his life, the woman he would go through hell for. The meaning of life for this poor sap, can't live without her, get the picture. Braveheart, Mel Gibson wages war against the entire British Empire after they kill his wife. So what happens? He hooks up with an even hotter woman who just happens to be the wife of the English prince. I guess the director of that movie liked Mel. I think I have rambled on enough about this for one night. My search will continue so If you are a single woman out there drop me a line. In the mean time, thank you to the women that have made me happy in the past and please keep up the good work. Especially you Sarah, you seem to be there when I need you the most. Just a smile and a phone call makes the day worth while.



2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

secret thoughts of wild eyes
perception brings deep disguise
so i try to be wise
but as i staind in the mist a secret friendship will arise down afar from the stare and the moving skys imadges in my life he lies
a small story of a wisper that trys to fly into the thinking of closed minds but now it finds that it blinds all that surround it because they believe sutch a thing as happyness is not possible

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats the poem i wrote that went with the pic you posted i thought you might like to know that ,oh and its star not stare sorry im not the best speller ,love sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home