Saratoga Irish

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Today I would like to remind everyone to thank a veteran. Today is veterans Day it used to be called Armistice Day to commemorate the end of the war to end all wars. As I'm sure you all know that didn't happen. They were so wrong in their prediction that they had to label it World War I just so they could distinguish it from World War II. Now our leaders try and come up with names that won't make you think it's a war. Whether it's a conflict or a police action or as we call the war in Irag, Operation Iraqi Freedom. What ever they call it, service men and women fight and die. So Today thank a vet for the way of life that we so often take for granted.



Last night we took over the front corner of the west side stadium. This was our first attempt at rekindling the monthly happy hour. I think we may have a solid foundation. Thanks for the guys who showed and thanks to Chris Bergman for taking care of a whiskey filled idiot till 3:30 in the morning. Samantha came with her beau. Since this was my first meeting with him she was a bit apprehensive about it but we got along fine. I tried to stay drink for drink with this nice young man and I think I did a pretty good job of it, or at least the parts that I can remember.
The bottle was quite a bit emptier at the end of the night. We also played Let's pick Steve a wife. I've been doing some online dating and last night I showed the guys some photos of a few contestants. All opinions will be carefully considered before any final decisions are made. I also caught a certain person trying to pocket a couple of photos. He will remain nameless, it was a gallant try.



I would also like to pass this message on to our membership.



Vietnam: Our Father Daughter Journey.
Through photographs and words we share how Vietnam shaped our lives.
Our story is personal and political.

As father and daughter we encourage all to consider how war and peace impact relationships.

We invite you to come celebrate with us at the book release party &photo exhibit.



Host:
Ed & Zoeann Murphy
Location:
Gallery 1199 at the Martin Luther King Jr. Labor Center310 West 43rd Street (btw 8 & 9 Ave), New York City, NY
When:
Wednesday, December 6, 6:-8 PM
Phone:
518.269.2233

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

,,,,,,,,,

Yep, maybe I wasn't drunk enough but when I saw the photos......well I think that one of them looked, at least,14. but that's my opnion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home